Dear Valued Customer,
Selecting the right Heating and Air Conditioning Company can be difficult today, especially if you are not familiar with the industry. In Central New York at this time, there seems to be a growing number of fly-by-night companies that are taking advantage of consumers. These so called companies make outrageous claims that sound good to a consumer, but are unheard of amongst true professional heating and air conditioning companies. When comparing multiple estimates, do not allow prices and gimmicks to be your only decision maker. Be sure to ask yourself and the company you’re working with these important questions on the checklist below. Most importantly, don’t be afraid to use this checklist and ask your questions. A true professional will welcome an informed customer, a scammer will NOT.
Below is a list of questions that should be asked before signing or agreeing to anything:
• Does the company have a reputable name?
• How many years in business?
• Is the company licensed, if required?
• Do they have liability insurance?
• Do they have compensation insurance? Ask to see certificate. (Very Important!)
• What brand are they representing?
• Do they offer 7 day, 24 hour service all year long?
• Is their emergency phone answered by a real person or a machine?
• Do they have employees or are they subcontracting to someone else?
• Do they have reliable references? Or did they give you their family and friends?
• Did this company hook you with phrases like, “huge discounts, large inventory?”
• What does the company facility look like? Go there and check it out to get the full story.
• Does the company have highly trained technicians and service trucks?
• Do you feel comfortable working with the company you are talking to?
• Did the company respond well to these questions, or were they put off?
Maintaining open, honest communication with our customers is the most important part of our company. We hope this checklist helps to put the power of knowledge back in your hands!